Today we are kicking off a Back To School/Fall Season with Essential Oils blog series. Many of the tips this week will be geared for helping our kids with essential oils, but I will be popping in tips for adults each day as well.
Today I am laying the foundation for a strong School and Fall season, and that is immunity. Most of us suffer from the transition colds that plague most schools and homes this time of the year. We can’t avoid all sickness, but we sure can be proactive in keeping them at bay. 🙂
Healthy Nutrition– Nutrition is a key factor in healthy immune system; if cells don’t have the energy they need to provide critical safeguards for the body, pathogens can more easily penetrate and multiply. Taking sugar out of your diet is a huge first step! High sugar diets may cause genetic mutations that directly influence our risk for chronic disease.
Vitamin D – The American Academy of Pediatrics currently suggests that all infants, children, and adolescents receive 400 IU of supplemental vitamin D daily. In the winter months, I personally take 5,000 IU. Kids usually fare better than adults thanks to outside play, assuming they live in a place where sun exposure is easily obtained. However, children certainly spend far more time indoors today than in past generations. Children may need a supplement just like their parents to meet optimal needs.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Contributes to overall health & wellness*
- Provides calcium balance in the body*
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Helps build strong bones*
- Maintains cognitive function*
A2Z Vitamin– doTERRA a2z Chewable supplement is a great base supplement for wellness because it addresses the cellular level. Toxic byproducts called free radicals can damage living cells and tissues in a process called oxidative stress. Cells can then defend themselves against damage by using molecules called antioxidants found in doTERRA a2z Chewable, like vitamins A, C, and E.* In addition to providing the external antioxidant protection against free-radical damage, the polyphenols in doTERRA a2z Chewable also support the internal production and recycling of antioxidants made by the body.*
Probiotic– So much of our health is involved in our guts, making it even more important to populate the gut with good bacteria as early in a child’s developmental years as possible. Probiotic colonies start to develop during the birth process, and continue to develop with the consumption of breast milk. Through these natural processes, and then by adding even more probiotics through supplementation, children can promote optimal microflora balance, long-term digestive and immune system health, and general overall well-being.
PB Assist Jr., with its five billion live cells from 6 strains of friendly bacteria and prebiotics, promotes healthy microflora balance and by doing so supports the immune system along with the gastrointestinal system.
Omega’3 -doTERRA’s IQ Mega contains quite a few benefits, from supporting joint health, to assisting the brain, and promoting cardiovascular health and a healthy immune system.
Essential Oils to Support Immunity:
- Supports healthy immune and respiratory function*
- Protects against environmental threats*
- Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*
- Promotes healthy circulation*
- Energizing and uplifting aroma
- When you are experiencing the shifts of the season, diffuse doTERRA Breathe essential oil blend in your home or workspace to lessen unwanted effects.
- Breathe maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing while minimizing the effects of seasonal threats. Breathe can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote a restful sleep. doTERRA Breathe provides a natural solution to help minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
Oregano is a powerhouse oil you want on hand. Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used since ancient times in traditional health practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties
- Provides immune-supportive benefits
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
Diffuse Essential Oils Regularly:
Scientific study demonstrates that diffusion of essential oils can purify and cleanse the air, providing added protection when the seasonal threats are high. I recommend diffusing essential oils every day. Lemon and On Guard Protective Blend contain powerful cleansing properties that purify the air we breathe, delivering positive effects on the immune system.
Use your Immunity Rollerball:
I roll an immunity rollerball 1-2x a day down the spine or feet of my girls, as well as my Husband and I. If I feel we need the extra support or we’re fighting something, I’ll do every couple hours. There is a lot different variations of essential oils you could try that would work for your family. Below are 2 recipes, one diluted for younger kids, the other for adults.
Adult Immune Boosting Rollerball
In a 10 ml Rollerball
Up to 20 drops On Guard
Up to 20 drops Lemon
Up to 10 drops Melaleuca
up to 10 drops Oregano
Fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil
OnGuard Hand Sanitizer:
On Guard hand cleansing spray is an easy and convenient way to clean your hands and keep the germs away. We keep a bottle in my purse, my car, and Branden’s office.
- In spray bottle, combine aloe vera and doTERRA On Guard.
- Fill the rest of bottle with water. Shake until combined.
- To use, spray on hands and rub together.
Try this Summer-to-Fall Transition Blend
Rub on bottoms of feet 4 consecutive nights. Helps protect against seasonal and environmental threats.
In a 10 ml Rollerball
3 drops Clove
2 drops White Fir
4 drops Lemon
Fill the rest with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
For more information on Kids Immunity, this is a great educational video to watch below.